MAGGIE'S MONDAY MADNESS
To avoid any Monday madness, I got the opportunity to spend some time this weekend out in nature with the bright sun shining on my head (boy do I need the vitamin D) and the stress relief.  Or maybe just maybe I'll
skip Monday and go
straight for Tuesday.  Well the latter is not possible but this week my madness will actually be on Tuesday.
For those of you that know me well, know that I have a rare blood disorder that I have been battling for almost
3 years.  On Tuesday morning I will have the chance to visit one of Florida's finest medical/teaching facilities.
I will be going there to seek a second opinion on my condition and to hopefully get advice that will change my 
course of treatment so that I may have better quality of life.  I don't think I will find a cure, but will be happy
to be able to maybe have a different treatment plan.

 Over the course of  3 years I have endured 3 surgeries and many many needle sticks, sometimes 3 or 4
per one appointment.  As I sit there in my chair watching other patients go through their own private 
tortures I think to myself that I am thankful that I am not having poisons pumped into my body hoping
against all odds that that drip of meds will save, cure, or prolong my life.  I have had a lot of pain  but 
never once do I complain, I am thankful that I don't have to fight for my life everyday like someone with
cancer.  I don't know what this condition that I have will do to my body in the long term, I know the risk
and know what could happen if I don't stay on top of it but I do know that it is not destroying my body
one cell at a time.  I pray for those people that I see around me and hope that their suffering is for not,
I hope that someday their hair will grow back and that they will be well and strong again to take a fun
vacation, or live to see their children or grandchildren grow up, or that they will get to grow up and go to 
college.

No one is promised tomorrow, you may not even get to finish today, but I will strive to keep appreciating all the time I do have.
I want to get to keep taking pictures of nature and hopefully one day get to see
them publish (okay big dream) but hey you never know.
Until next time make it ALL count...............MMM
.


oh and speaking of pictures I knew you would all be waiting for them here's a couple that I did
take on Saturday

1 Response
  1. Marla Says:

    I love the pictures of the blossoming trees. I almost want to beat it over to Kulaqua to get some shots of my own. I like your post very much. Let me know how your appt. goes. I hope that you can find a better treatment plan. You are so right we all need to be grateful for each and every moment. Hugs


Post a Comment